Thursday, May 30, 2013

Freeze green smoothies for later!

So, I will start out by saying I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT BLENDER! I sure don't....I used my magic bullet and I am chewing my smoothie haha its alright though because it tastes really good. I am now researching the best blender in my price range. I would like to have a Blendtec or Vitamix but those are way out of my price range! Anyways, the original recipe called for parsley and then I found out after making 6 bags of smoothies that pregnant women are not allowed to have that much parsley, I ended up picking out the fruit and throwing the kale and parsley out because it was too evenly mixed together. Next time I am going to make it with spinach so that is who im going to write the recipe. Oh two more things...if you want to minimize the texture I would suggest peeling the apples and 1 bunch of kale equaled 4 cups when chopped up (for me at least).



Ingredients: 
1 cup of kale (remove the stem and chop up the kale)
1/2 spinach
1 banana (sliced)
1 apple (chopped)
2 1/2 cups water

Directions: 
Add everything EXCEPT THE WATER to a freezable ziplock bag and freeze. When ready to use you will want to put it in the blender (frozen) with the 2 1/2 cups of water and blend! :)

*try other variations, you can add avocado or yogurt for a creamier texture

No comments:

Post a Comment