Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How to take your prenatal vitamins when you cant swallow pills....

So, I am a giant wimp. For whatever reason I am terrified of swallowing pills, I have like mini panic attacks whenever I "try" and trying ends up with me holding it in my mouth while people yell at me "You have to swish water around in your mouth" or "Put it on the back of your tongue and let it fall down" and then I cry like a giant baby and get shaky. With that being said, I NEED to take my prenatal vitamins, I was buying those gummy ones they sell at Walmart and then realized (after talking to my midwife about it) they are not nearly good enough. I wish I could just pop pills like a drug addict, I have a friend who can take all of her horse pill vitamins at once (its like a handful of pills). So, I bought prenatal vitamins in those dissolvable  capsules and tried out the ole put it in applesauce trick, I wanted to get it over with so I poured two pills worth of powder into a tablespoon of applesauce....FAIL....that ended up with gagging and throwing up! So then I bought protein powder and tried it in a shake with a banana and it didn't taste bad and you cant taste it at all when you add strawberries too! Woohoo, grow baby grow!



See? Dont blend the whole pill, just the powder. 

Ta Dah!




Ingredients: 
Your daily dose of Prenatal vitamins in capsules
 1 Banana
5 frozen strawberries
Protein powder (read on the back how many scoops you need for the serving, I need 1/3 cup)
About 1 - 1 1/2 cups of milk

Directions: 
Put chopped banana, frozen strawberries, protein powder, THE POWDER from your prenatal vitamins (Please dont blend the clear dissolvable part!) and milk into blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy and grow that beautiful baby!

In case you are wondering what supplements I am taking, here it is. Its all recommended by my midwife, so ask your doctor or midwife before taking anything. Everything I take is chewable, liquid, or powder.


No comments:

Post a Comment